- What went wrong:
- Not sure if Unity was the correct engine to use for a Zelda top down game.
- Scope... I think the scope is what was too large for a 3 day project. Also as the lead programmer being unavailable on the 2nd day out of the three really set us behind.
- Getting the submission time wrong! (didn't know they gave you an hour to submit. Thus the screenshot looks like i hit a panic button.)
- Got focused on if I could rather than should I for the animations and such, So they gameplay objectives never got going and the gameplay died on the spot (Should have spent less time on animations and level design).
- What went right:
- Expandable! This engine i started working on has the potential to be a full blown game! There is an XML importer that can be used to create levels super fast using Tiled
- Sounds sounded like they fit the genre.
- Animations for a lot of the stuff got in. :)
MechPowerZero 11 MB
Aug 01, 2017
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.